You must provide:
A claim statement, indicating the merchandise that was lost or damaged and how the amount of the claim was determined.
A bill of lading or consignee's copy of the delivery receipt.
A delivery receipt with the loss or damage noted on it.
An invoice or other document establishing your cost for the lost or damaged goods or an invoice for repairs made to restore the merchandise to its original condition.
The following documents by themselves are insufficient to file a claim: Bad order reports
Notations of exceptions on delivery receipts
Inspection reports or requests
Proof of delivery requests
After a claim is submitted with the proper documentation and is acknowledged by the carrier it should be settled within 30 days.
Investigating some claims may take longer. If your claim cannot be settled within 120 days, The carrier will notify you immediately about what you need to do to conclude your claim. The carrier will continue to keep you informed at 60-day intervals until your claim is settled.
Collect your paperwork and submit the claim to the carrier of the bill of lading. If you need help in submitting your claim you may call our customer service personal to help.
If you have purchased additional insurance the claims adjuster is listed on the policy and may be contacted provided all the details listed above.
If your shipment was already picked up we can arrange to bring the shipment back to your facility. Charges will apply for pick up and redelivery charges.
50lbs per cubic foot = class 55 30 = class 60 22.5 = class 65 15 = class 70 13.5 = class 77.5 12 = class 92.5 9 = class 100 8 = class 110 7 = class 125 6 = class 150 5 = class 200 3 = class 250 2 = class 300 1 = class 400 >1 = class 500
The higher the class the higher the rate.
An Electronic Export Information (EEI) Filing (formerly known as SED) is required when:
1. An individual Schedule B/HTS or commodity item value exceeds US$2500 to all foreign destinations (except to Canada); or
2. An individual Schedule B/HTS or commodity item value exceeds US$2500 for shipment being shipped as follows:
from the U.S. to Puerto Rico
from Puerto Rico to the U.S.
from the U.S. or Puerto Rico to the U.S. Virgin Islands
trans-shipped through or for storage in Canada, but ultimately destined to a third country
exported under Carnets
3. A shipment (regardless of value) is transported under an export license issued by the applicable U.S. Government agency (e.g., Dept of State, Dept of Commerce, etc.) including Canada destinations and including Carnets; or
4. A shipment (regardless of value) is subject to the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) , including shipments exempt from licensing requirements and including shipments to Canada; or
5. A shipment (regardless of value) contains rough diamonds (under Schedule B#’s 7102.10, 7102.21 and 7102.31, including shipments to Canada; or
6. A shipment (regardless of value) is destined to a U.S. Department of Commerce authorized Validated End User (VEU); or For more info you may visit the US governments website http://www.aesdirect.gov/
IMPORTANT: All international shipments are subject to destination charges. In general these charges include: 1 - Destination Country Government (Customs) related charges, i.e. duty and taxes (if any), harbor fees, fee on entry filing by a destination Customs Broker etc.; 2 - Destination terminal(s) handling charges and fees (THC); 3 – Service fee from carrier’s destination agent on handling and delivery (if you requesting delivery to your door) of your shipment. Destination charges vary depending on a destination country and carrier. Typically it is out of control of U.S. Freight Forwarder. Guiding importer in the complexity of cargo recovery procedures at the destination is responsibility of carrier’s destination agent.
Certifications & Memberships
Get an Instant Quote Now
ExFreight Zeta Inc. offers the best transportation solutions for all your logistic needs at highly competitive prices. The knowledge and expertise of our personnel and the extensive carrier network of ExFreight will guarantee the safe, secure and speedy delivery of your cargo.